Yandex Maps Mobile Application Problems

Yandex Maps Mobile Application Problems

Dec 15

As we have told about new Yandex services that has been released in Turkey, the service is easy to use and helpful for the people on the streets with its mobile application. Yandex is trying to boost the usage of their products in Turkey with online advertisements inside social media resources. But on the other had there are some problems with the mobile applications that should be fixed immediately before losing first time users.

One of the biggest problem is application language. In my company some of the users complained from language problem. they have installed the app to their IPhone iOS 5 and Android Honeycomb phones but the application was installed in Russian language. Their device language and rom were English. Turkish users managed to install Turkish version of application. So we uninstalled the Russian version of the app and then switched the phone language from English to Turkish. After this change, we reinstalled the application and see its in Turkish. We switched back to English on device but the remained in Turkish as we desire. At least we questioned isn’t there any English version of the app? It seems to be configured Russian by default.

The other big problem is search service inside the app. For example if you write on of the most popular places like İstiklal (Independence) Street in İstanbul, the app returns with no result. If you write in the search box as İstiklal Caddesi İstanbul (İstiklal Street İstanbul in English), it finds a  different place than real İstiklal Street. Location is wrong but not only that, also it finds nothing if you just write İstiklal Street without writing İstanbul next to it. Taksim Meydanı (Taksim Square) is another search keyword whish is not been found. Search box does not have an autocomplete or correction mechanism. It would be useful for mobile users. Because it is not so much comfortable to write long search parameters on mobile devices. You should make it easier for your customers.

Java and .NET Web Services Integration Problem

Java and .NET Web Services Integration Problem

Dec 14

If you live problems at calling .NET based xml web services from Java side maybe you should change your web methods attribute by adding or replacing calling attribute with the lines below.

[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethodAttribute("[SERVICE NAMESPACE HERE/WEB METHOD NAME SEEN BY OUTSIDE OR ACTION NAME]", RequestNamespace = "[SERVICE NAMESPACE HERE]", ResponseNamespace = "[SERVICE NAMESPACE HERE]")]

By adding this method attribute before your method definition blocks, integration problems may be fixed or you can get better method definitions in your proxy class. By default Microsoft wsdl.exe does not generate your service provider web methods with this attribute.

For better understanding of SoapRpcMethodAttribute you should see this link.

Hope it solves your problem.

Speech Recognizer Does Not Work On Android Emulator

Speech Recognizer Does Not Work On Android Emulator

Nov 28

If you are trying to get the audio  from Android emulator, you can not be successful. You can try this with different ways like by writing a custom speech to text application, by trying to compile voice recognition sample at Android SDK or by using in-built Speech Recorder on a Google API supported android emulator.

I have tried all of these ways and tried different workarounds. But in the end I have reached a note at online Google Android Developer site.

Note: The Android Emulator does not have the ability to capture audio, but actual devices are likely to provide these capabilities.

 

For the original path of this information follow this link : http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/media/audio-capture.html

So this means you should find a real device to use this kind of capabilities.

Ok then, if you are curious about what I did to solve the problem, you should read more.

OpenCV 2.3.1 and Visual Studio 2010

OpenCV 2.3.1 and Visual Studio 2010

Nov 24

Setting up OpenCV and making the necessary changes for projects in Visual Studio environment are always a bit tricky and painful. But, with OpenCV 2.3.1, it becomes an unbelievable trouble. First in first, directory structure of OpenCV was changed, so everything becomes different. Second, there is a new tbb.dll and tbb_debug.dll problems which can drive a person crazy.

LaTeX Turkish Character Problems and Solutions

LaTeX Turkish Character Problems and Solutions

Nov 04

All LaTeX users who want to write documents in Turkish or use Turkish characters in somewhere at their documents have similar problems. So, I decided to write some solutions to these problems.